- Anyone who sells or serves alcoholic beverages in the province of Alberta is required to obtain Proserve. You may purchase the Proserve Certification course in addition to your Certified Bartender training for an extra $30 during the checkout process. Your certificate will be valid for 5 years after you have completed the proserve program. To view the complete response, please click here.
- 1 How much does ProServe cost in Alberta?
- 2 How long does ProServe take in Alberta?
- 3 How long does it take to do ProServe online?
- 4 How do I find my ProServe?
- 5 Is ProServe mandatory in Alberta?
- 6 How do I become a bartender in Alberta?
- 7 What is Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate?
- 8 What do you need to work at a liquor store in Alberta?
- 9 Does Smart Serve expire?
- 10 What should the bartender have done to show his duty of care to Jeremy?
- 11 What is Smart Serve training?
How much does ProServe cost in Alberta?
Taking the ProServe course, which is offered online by the Alberta Government and costs $26.25, is a good investment.
How long does ProServe take in Alberta?
There are 35 questions in the exam. You’ll have 45 minutes to complete the test.
How long does it take to do ProServe online?
This institution provides training in four different credentials, with the most popular of them being Liquor and Staff Training, ProServe, and ProServe Certificate, which have all received positive reviews. The time required to finish this education course varies from 6 hours to 6 hours depending on the qualification, with a median duration of 6 hours required to accomplish it.
How do I find my ProServe?
In the event that you are unable to obtain your certificate, please contact us through email or by calling 1-877-436-6336, which is toll-free in Alberta, between the hours of 8:15 am and 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Is ProServe mandatory in Alberta?
1. What is ProServe Liquor Staff Training, and why is it important? ProServe is the province of Alberta’s training program for responsible liquor service and sales. Workers in specific roles must be certified in order to do their jobs.
How do I become a bartender in Alberta?
Anyone who sells or serves alcoholic beverages in the province of Alberta is required to obtain Proserve. For an extra $, you may add the Proserve Certification course to your Certified Bartender course during the checkout process. Your certificate will be valid for 5 years after you have completed the proserve program.
What is Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate?
Drinking while intoxicated, driving while intoxicated, and underage drinking are all prevented by providing servers and dealers of alcoholic beverages with responsible service of alcohol training (also known as RSA training).
What do you need to work at a liquor store in Alberta?
It is required that you have completed ProServe Liquor Staff Training before you may sell or serve liquor or provide security at a licensed establishment. The qualification is also required for managers, supervisors, and security personnel who work in licensed establishments.
Does Smart Serve expire?
At this time, your Smart Serve certificate is not about to expire.
What should the bartender have done to show his duty of care to Jeremy?
Even though security had previously admitted Jeremy into the club, the bartender should have asked him for his ID and examined it before serving him. Beyond the fact that he appeared to be under the age of 25, Jeremy did not appear to know much about drinking and did not appear to be comfortable ordering booze.
What is Smart Serve training?
This curriculum, Smart Serve Responsible Alcohol Beverage Sales Service Training, has been authorized by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) as the sole responsible alcohol sales service training program for the province of Ontario. Smart Serve is a passionate advocate for a safer and healthier Ontario. Smart Serve is a registered charity in the province of Ontario.